Welcome to the Washington State Council
Photo Above: Washington State Council at SHRM National Leadership Conference
2013 PINNACLE AWARD WINNER for the Veteran Pre-employment Academy
- DEVELOPED a statewide initiative Help returning veterans transition into employment readiness
- PARTNERED with WA DVA Veterans Conservation Corps
- CONNECTED veterans to available employment resources
- CREATED diversity awareness and military cultural competence in the civilian workplace
- 100% Participation of Washington state chapters in any of the following: Job preparedness/networking events, Shadow Days/Internship opportunities, Resume/cover letter writing clinics, Career fairs exclusively for veterans, Online job search training or Diversity training for HR and Hiring managers
SHRM 2014 Annual Conference
The SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition provides you with the foundation you need to launch your journey towards transformation. In Orlando, you’ll get the comprehensive education and discover the practical guidance you need to move forward with confidence. You'll hear new ideas, get solutions to your challenges, expand your network, and grow your influence. You’ll return to your office ready to explore new strategies, improved skills and enhanced perspectives. More Information
2014 Sloan Awards for Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility
We are an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management. Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local starting point for networking, information, professional development and continued support of excellence in Human Resources.
We welcome your use of this site as a resource, and encourage you to check back frequently for updated information. We also encourage your involvement and suggestions about all of our activities, on the web and off.
We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming meeting or event!
Upcoming EventsSee All >
April 28, 2014Seattle area
May 6, 2014, 8:30am – 12:00pmTo Be Determined
The 5 Threats Facing Businesses Today presented by Jack Smalley, SPHR
Inability to Innovate · Losing Your Competitive Advantage...
May 16, 2014, 11:00am – 1:00pmConference Call
May 20, 2014, 7:30am – 9:00amRed Lion Hotel, Yakima CEnter
This presentation will focus on skills that Human Resource managers and supervisors can use to address workplace conflict and difficult employee conversations. It will include some tips and tools...